Saturday, June 6, 2009

R E A L :

Maybe its just the time of year when everything is crazy and everyone is annoyed, maybe its the the people that are changing, or maybe it's just people being completely superficial and fake. People say that high school changes people but we never see it in full effect until it happens to us. The people that we are "best friends" with start sweet talking you and then stab you in the back and you say "theeeeese are the people i've invested so much time in?!" And of course they don't care because they just wanna have fun and "live their life". It's just so dissapointing to me to see this change occur. 

I feel alone, but honestly, it's the best feeling. It's the type of alone that you know is making you stronger, you can feel it. And it's the alone that you know your actually not alone because God is on your side whispering his wisdom in your ear. I feel humbled but in control. I know what i want out of my life, i'm following the path God wants for me, and right now, thats all i need. I don't need a hundred fake friends, i only want true, sincere people that i can trust. 

Maybe i get involved in more drama because i say what i feel when i feel it. I'm an emotional based person who needs to know the truth. Maybe in the end i'll offend people and lose friends but at least i'm being true to myself and to others. Life is more than a party or high school. I have so much love in me and i'm not going to waste it, yet i will give it freely.

Just to clear one more thing. You may say that "being real" and "showing love freely" contradict themselves. I am certain they do not. You can be real and show love. Loving someone isn't being fake with them and being nice just to make people happy. Actually, i'm determined that thats the opposite of love. To love is to be real. Being real isn't supposed to bring people down, it's simply about being the truest you. Different opinions are good, don't be a copy.

For in the end, a person gets more hurt when she discovers she's been betrayed... the day after her "best friends" were her best friends.

No comments: