Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Paris Adventure Day 1







Today was quite a day! I love being here, theres excitement everywhere and people have been very friendly to us (unlike what i have heard about French people). Our hotel could not be in a better place, its not in a touristy area but surrounded by so many popular local boutiques, cafe's, and restaurants. I feel like i am a part of their culture, not just another person buying an "I Love Paris" shirt. Today was MUCH colder though. I was shivering like no other until i bought a huge thick scarf and hat that covered my chilly ears :). We saw the Notre Dam Cathedral and shopped around. I need to start taking more pictures but with it being so cold, its a hassle to take out my big camera! I will take more tommorrow though... We are going to the Louve and Modern Art museum.

About the food... Lunch today wasn't the best because we were in a very touristy area and the restaurants down there aren't as good and more expensive. ( I guess they try to take advantage of the tourist's ignorance.) My vegetable soup had no vegetables and my moms french onion had no onions! But dinner quickly made up for that.... CHOCOLATE CREPES!!! Man, they it was unbelievable. I'm pretty sure the chocolate was just nutella but that doesn't matter, it was made just perfectly. I think i will be having one every meal. We also went to a local bakery and got more chocolate :) The bakery's have pretty reasonable prices, unlike the restaurants and everything else. I feel like everything is double the price then it would be at home. I wanted to buy more Uggs but they were 400 dollars! The same ones are 160 at home...

But nonetheless, I'm super stoked to be here. My moms reading more Paris books as i type. She's trying to find the best places to go tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the modern art museum, cafe' sitting- people watching, taking pictures, and shopping!

x,
L

No comments: